Immigration For Good

DACA Application Assistance

FREE DACA Application Assistance

Tuesdays – 9:30 a.m., registration

Ripley House Neighborhood Center

4410 Navigation Blvd., Houston, TX 770011

Call (713) 273-3707 or 713-315-6400 for more information and/or to schedule your appointment

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

DACA is an immigration benefit for certain individuals who came to the U.S. as children. A person with DACA can get a work permit for two years and a social security number. In some states, a person with DACA can get a driver’s license or go to a state college. DACA can be renewed every two years however it is not permanent and it is also NOT a pathway to Citizenship.

What are the requirements to qualify for DACA?

You might qualify for DACA if:

  • You came to live in the U.S. before June 15, 2007 and
  • You came to the U.S. before your 16th birthday and
  • You were born after June 15, 1981 and
  • You had no immigration status on June 15, 2012 (and no immigration status when you apply for DACA) and
  • You graduated high school, got a GED; or you are currently enrolled in school.

**Certain criminal or gang-related issues could disqualify you from DACA. Please consult with an attorney or BIA accredited representative to determine eligibility.

What are the requirements for renewal?

You must be eligible for DACA under the initial DACA requirements, and have been granted DACA. Additionally, you must not have departed the United States on or after August 15th, 2012 without advance parole; you must have continuously resided in the United States since you received DACA approval; and you must not have a criminal history that would disqualify you from DACA. If you have been arrested since receiving DACA, we strongly encourage you to consult with an immigration attorney before applying for DACA renewal.

When should you renew?

Submitting your renewal application 120-150 days prior to your Employment Authorization card expiration date will increase the chances that your renewal is approved. If you do not know when your Employment Authorization card expires, you can find the expiration date on your Employment Authorization card. You should not apply earlier than 150 days prior to expiration since United States Citizenship and Immigration Services states that all renewal applications that are received too early will be rejected and returned. Additionally, applying fewer than 120 days prior to your Employment Authorization card expiration date could result in your current work authorization expiring before you receive renewal approval.

How can you get help with renewal applications?

Neighborhood Centers’ Immigration Program provides assistance to first-time and renewal DACA applicants.Please contact our Immigration program at (713) 273-3707 or for more information and/or to schedule your appointment.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in E:\web\immigrat\wordpress\wp-content\plugins\google-language-translator\google-language-translator.php on line 356